If you ever take flash drives anywhere, they can be left behind or fall out of a pocket. I recommend always creating a top level folder like below. That way, if someone finds it and plugs it in to be able to figure out who owns it, they can quickly see the answer and don’t have to go through any other private documents to get it back to you. The ~ at the beginning keeps it at the top alphabetically. Of course, this is in addition to sticking an actual label on the drive! I’ve just had those fall off over time. The folder name is something that stays permanently, if the label comes off.
Get Milo’s e-zine in your inbox!
- Speaking Tip of the Day: Photo by Webcam Lens
- Is your accent costing you? Reducing it might be a valuable investment.
- Full Speech Ahead! “You Don’t Ask…You Don’t Get!” Interview with business coach/trainer Janet F. Williams
- To PowerPoint or Not to PowerPoint − That is the Question!
- Full Speech Ahead! “What does it take to pull off 20 years of morning radio hosting?” Interview with Star 94.1’s Delana Bennett
- Labeling your flash drive
- How to clip anything from your PC or Mac screen to make it a .jpg or paste it elsewhere
- Who was San Diego and why is the city called that?
- Full Speech Ahead! “If you can’t say something nice, what DO you say?”: Interview with Sarita Maybin
- Public Speaking: Don’t Kill Those “Butterflies” in the Stomach!