If you ever take flash drives anywhere, they can be left behind or fall out of a pocket. I recommend always creating a top level folder like below. That way, if someone finds it and plugs it in to be able to figure out who owns it, they can quickly see the answer and don’t have to go through any other private documents to get it back to you. The ~ at the beginning keeps it at the top alphabetically. Of course, this is in addition to sticking an actual label on the drive! I’ve just had those fall off over time. The folder name is something that stays permanently, if the label comes off.
Get Milo’s e-zine in your inbox!
- Labeling your flash drive
- How to clip anything from your PC or Mac screen to make it a .jpg or paste it elsewhere
- Who was San Diego and why is the city called that?
- Full Speech Ahead! “If you can’t say something nice, what DO you say?”: Interview with Sarita Maybin
- Public Speaking: Don’t Kill Those “Butterflies” in the Stomach!
- Actor Seth Rogen on Perseverance:
- FastKeys is a cheap, easy way to save you a ton of typing through Autocorrection
- The Golden Rule Ain’t So Bright
- Full Speech Ahead! “Empowered lives and business thru self-compassion” Interview with Mike Robbins
- “Who Has FUN With FAILURE?”