MILO SHAPIRO’S TWO TOPIC AREAS FOR PODCAST INTERVIEWS:
1. My most requested topic: public speaking skills:
- motivational and educational speaker since 2002; professional member of National Speakers Association since 2003
- successful speaking coaching practice since late 2004.
- author of:
♦ “Public Speaking: Get A’s, Not Zzzzzz’s!” (1st ed.2007, 2nd ed. 2021)
♦ “Public Speaking for TEENS: Get A’s, Not Zzzzzz’s!”, which hit #2 on Amazon in 2015.
♦ “The Worst Days Make The BEST Stories!”
- worked with hundreds of people, helping them to become more prepared, polished, and powerful when they have reason to speak.
- Coached companies include SHARP Health Care, Merrill Lynch, Kaiser Permanente, Scripps, Qualcomm, and Precision Diagnostics
- Coaching clients include sales reps, doctors, researchers, CEOs, company presidents/managers, techies, and even other professional speakers.
- More on my public speaking skills coach at www.PublicDynamics.com
2. In a completely different vein, the power of improvisation in life and business.
- My business (IMPROVentures) includes improv-based teambuilding called TEAMprovising
- Through the games, we get to focus on listening skills, building upon the ideas of others, non-verbal communication, and much more.
- It’s about more than fun and teamwork. There’s a lot of personal breakthroughs in areas around where we stop ourselves because we’re afraid of being judged or wrong or even demeaned. Yet, in playing it safe, we undermine the change for breakthroughs, mentoring, and celebration − of both outcome and spirit
- 30+ years of improv on stage including 14 years and es and other organizations.
- Dozens of motivational speeches where I get the whole audience playing in pairs.
- Groups experiencing my improv work: Pfizer, Qualcomm, The US Navy, Southwest Airlines, and many more with testimonials on my website
- Learn the whole interesting story about how an I.T. guy transformed into a solopreneur doing all of the above on my “About” page on www.MiloShapiro.com .
As a guest, I share useful, actionable information with your guests; I get the line between a talk show guest and being a shameless plugger. So long as my books and websites are mentioned at least twice, and people are invited to join my mailing list, and that it’s clear that I’m available both locally in San Diego and via Zoom everywhere, I’m done plugging. 😉
Beyond that, it’s all sharing usable info with them.
Best way to contact me? Call me old school, but email by far suits me best to start: improv@IMPROVentures.com
Then, lets find a time for a call or Zoom to really talk! Thanks!
Copyright 2023, Milo Shapiro.